THE ART OF MESSAGING (AOM)
A single two-hour session for political professionals, activists and others who want to improve our messaging, stop playing defense and get control of the public debate!
AOM: DEC 9th (Thurs) 5-7pm Pacific / 8-10pm Eastern: Sign Up Here!
AOM: DEC 28th (Tues) 9-11am Pacific / noon-2pm Eastern: Link coming soon!
More sessions coming in late January!
Only $35 per person. Contact Us about group discounts!
See Program Details below for details.
Coming in 2022: THE SCIENCE OF MESSAGING
For experienced political communications professionals and activists who are already familiar with the basic concepts of framing and want to learn how to craft and apply their own framing strategies.
Why you should take The Art of Messaging:
We’re all tired of being beaten up in a game where we either don’t understand the rules or don’t even know we’re playing. These training sessions will open your eyes about how conservatives operate so you can stop playing defense and get back in control.
The conservative movement has dominated the public debate with lies, fear and division. We need to learn effective messaging strategies and use them to promote truth, inspire hope and bring people back together. Nothing less than the future of our country and our planet are at stake.
To develop this training, I worked for more than a year with George Lakoff, the “father of framing,” progressive messaging guru, pioneer of cognitive linguistics, and best-selling author of Don’t Think of an Elephant: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate.
With my 30 years of experience working with political campaigns, party organizations and advocacy groups, I am in a unique position to understand how important these strategies are and to show people how to use them effectively every day.
Please join me in learning and sharing this knowledge so we can turn the tide in our public debate.
Training sessions are about half presentation and half discussion.
The Art of Messaging
- How the public debate works, and how people’s political decisions have less to do with facts and more to do with larger belief systems about how the world works and what is right and wrong.
- Our target audience: who is persuadable and why.
- The two major competing belief systems in our political debate: Consensus Liberalism and Movement Conservatism.
- The core values underlying Liberal beliefs and how they contrast with Conservative values.
- The differences in our beliefs about the role played by our economic system.
- How to better articulate what we believe about the role government should play in our society.
- Why depriving conservatives of attention is the most effective strategy for beating them in the public debate.
- Why some strategies that work for Conservatives don’t work for us and how to beat them by making them play our game.
- Why getting people to focus on what we believe to be right and wrong is the key to winning individual debates and getting more people to identify with us over time.
The Science of Messaging
- How frames work on a neurological level.
- How frames influence who people perceive to be right and wrong by establishing context, creating boundaries, assigning roles, and more.
- How to analyze the current public debate and identify the prominent frames and how they are being used to influence people’s perception.
- How to develop our own frames, ones that will get people to see situations from our point of view and judge our actions to be morally right.
- How to develop and execute our own reframing strategy. Learn practical tools and tactics we can use to regain control of the debate, set or change the agenda and get people to think using our frames.