THE ART OF MESSAGING
A single two-hour session for political professionals, activists and others who want to improve our messaging, stop playing defense and get control of the public debate!
More Summer sessions to come!
Sign up here to be notified by email when new sessions are posted.
Why you should take The Art of Messaging:
We’re all tired of being beaten up in a game where we either don’t understand the rules or don’t even know we’re playing. These training sessions will open your eyes about how conservatives operate so you can stop playing defense and get back in control.
The conservative movement has dominated the public debate with lies, fear and division. We need to learn effective messaging strategies and use them to promote truth, inspire hope and bring people back together. Nothing less than the future of our country and our planet are at stake.
To develop this training, I worked for more than a year with George Lakoff, the “father of framing,” progressive messaging guru, pioneer of cognitive linguistics, and best-selling author of Don’t Think of an Elephant: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate.
With my 30 years of experience working with political campaigns, party organizations and advocacy groups, I am in a unique position to understand how important these strategies are and to show people how to use them effectively every day.
Please join me in learning and sharing this knowledge so we can turn the tide in our public debate.
Training sessions are about half presentation and half discussion.
The Art of Messaging
- How the public debate works, and how people’s political decisions have less to do with facts and more to do with larger belief systems about how the world works and what is right and wrong.
- Our target audience: who is persuadable and why.
- The two major competing belief systems in our political debate: Consensus Liberalism and Movement Conservatism.
- The core values underlying Liberal beliefs and how they contrast with Conservative values.
- The differences in our beliefs about the role played by our economic system.
- How to better articulate what we believe about the role government should play in our society.
- Why depriving conservatives of attention is the most effective strategy for beating them in the public debate.
- Why some strategies that work for Conservatives don’t work for us and how to beat them by making them play our game.
- Why getting people to focus on what we believe to be right and wrong is the key to winning individual debates and getting more people to identify with us over time.